[LRUG] Ruby is finally available on iOS

Riccardo Tacconi rtacconi at gmail.com
Fri May 4 12:42:04 PDT 2012

I heard that Matz released mruby, a lightweight version of Ruby targeting
mobile platforms and I see that MobiRuby is using mruby, interesting.  Yes
RubyMotion seems to be better than Rhomobile but it is targeting only iOS
and it is not open.

On 4 May 2012 20:40, Chris Kimpton <chris at kimptoc.net> wrote:

> Looks a lot slicker/native than Rhomobile - http://www.rhomobile.com/  -
> which seems to compile/run the code on the phone.
>
> There is also MobiRuby coming soon too - http://mobiruby.org/ - which
> seems similar but a slightly different take on the syntax mapping.
>
> Tempted to get it under the early bird price (25% off) to have a play :)
>
> ~chris

Riccardo Tacconi
Ruby on Rails and PHP development - System Administration
VIRTUELOGIC LIMITED

http://github.com/rtacconi
http://riccardotacconi.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/rtacconi