[LRUG] smtp as a service

Andrew McDonough andrew at andrewmcdonough.co.uk
Tue May 22 02:05:12 PDT 2012

At Tribesports, we use SendGrid for emails sent by our application (welcome
emails, password reminders, etc), and MailChimp for newsletter emails.
 SendGrid is great for automatic emails, whereas MailChimp makes it easy
for our business team to assemble custom newsletters without bothering the
developers.  Whatever you use, make sure you set up DKIM, SPF, Sender-ID
and Domain Keys properly, or your emails will probably end up in users'
spam folders.  Here are some more tips from the SendGrid blog:

http://sendgrid.com/blog/10-tips-to-keep-email-out-of-the-spam-folder/

Andrew

Andrew McDonough
Co-founder and CTO