[LRUG] smtp as a service

Adrian Sevitz adrian at vzaar.com
Tue May 22 02:29:25 PDT 2012

All of the above.

We run a video service. You can do this yourself, but it's a hassle and we will have figured out the hard stuff you may not have realised exists.

Same applies to email. I don't want to figure out how to handle some scenario where mails are failing to be delivered because I didn't think to cycle my IP addresses (or something, I have no idea, just making up something there).

They handle scaling sure. But they also handle bounces, spam reports, and a host of other things.

I don't need to think about this because they are. What saves me time, I'm happy to spend money on. And $75 for email credits every few months is a lot cheaper than 10 days of dev time trying to figure out something that isn't my core business.