[LRUG] [JOBS] Charity - Junior/Mid RoR Dev - Remote Working - £24-£28k

Louis Beardsley Louis.Beardsley at explorerec.com
Fri May 4 01:57:07 PDT 2012

Hey Guys,

A youth charity contacted me recently looking for a mid-level Ruby-on-Rails developer. This might be relevant to yourself or you might know someone suitable.

Historically they have hired external agencies to do their RoR web development but what they have found is that they could really use a decent Mid-Level RoR dev to come on-board to ensure some consistency and manage development when these external devs are not around.

They aren't looking for one of these Rockstar/Gangsta/Ninja/Space Warrior Rails devs we keep hearing about, they are just looking for a high end Junior or a decent Mid-Level developer who can reasonably manage basic end-to-end development.

What I'm saying here is there is room for improvement but this role isn't right for a total newb.

Perks of this job are going to be...

·         Collaborating with high end contractors during major builds. Absorbing their experience via Osmosis.

·         Flexible hours, loads of room for operating from home/remote. Will be required to come into the office a day or two days a week max (central London based offices).

·         Playing an essential part in a really worthwhile charity and doing your bit for society. (Probably not for you if you dream of working for investment banks)

Salary is between £24-28k which is actually pretty good for a remote high junior/mid-mid level role which is mostly remote working.

Anyways if of interest, please ping me over your CV. I'm working at a rock bottom commission on this one.

Best, Louis.

http://about.me/Louis.Beardsley
Louis Beardsley

T   01189 587 667      Skype: LouisGB1<skype:louisgb1?add>
M  07825 338 966      Twitter:@LouisRoR<https://twitter.com/#!/LouisRoR>
L    http://www.linkedin.com/in/louisbeardsley
W  www.explore-group.com<http://www.explore-group.com/>

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Follow us on Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/louisgb>

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Follow us on Twitter]<https://twitter.com/#!/LouisRoR>

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Follow us on LinkedIn]<http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/louis-goff-beardsley/1a/551/7a9>

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Explore Group]<http://www.explore-group.com/>

[Description: Description: Description: Description: http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/buttons/add_green_transparent_118x23.gif]<skype:louisgb1?add>[Description: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/louis.beardsley/Desktop/LouisRoRTag.JPG]<https://twitter.com/#!/LouisRoR>
IRC: LouisBeardsley - irc.freenode.org<http://irc.freenode.org> #LRUG, #NWRUG, #ruby, #rubyonrails