[LRUG] Best/worst open source Ruby CMS?

Sean O'Halpin sean.ohalpin at gmail.com
Mon May 14 03:43:19 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'd be grateful for any opinions (with reasons) on what are the best
(or worst) open source Ruby content management systems.

My leaning is towards Radiant (http://radiantcms.org/). It's well
documented, has an extensible architecture and seems well supported.
My main concern is that it's running on Rails 2.3.14 (which makes me
think there's bound to be a big makeover to Rails 3.x in the pipeline,
hence instability, broken plugins, etc.).

Refinery (http://refinerycms.com/) also looks good but I haven't heard
so much about it. Anyone here used it?

Of course, there is also Nesta (http://nestacms.com/) by fellow
LRUGGER Graham Ashton, which I could see myself using for my own site
but may be just a bit too minimalist for people who can't handle
Markdown.

Awaiting collective wisdom...

Regards,
Sean