[LRUG] Best/worst open source Ruby CMS?

Frederick Cheung frederick.cheung at gmail.com
Mon May 14 04:10:59 PDT 2012

On 14 May 2012, at 11:43, Sean O'Halpin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd be grateful for any opinions (with reasons) on what are the best
> (or worst) open source Ruby content management systems.
>
> My leaning is towards Radiant (http://radiantcms.org/). It's well
> documented, has an extensible architecture and seems well supported.
> My main concern is that it's running on Rails 2.3.14 (which makes me
> think there's bound to be a big makeover to Rails 3.x in the pipeline,
> hence instability, broken plugins, etc.).

I think a lot depends on what you were looking for. We've ended up using https://github.com/comfy/comfortable-mexican-sofa (see what they did with the name) because we wanted something that would integrate with an existing rails 3 app and that wasn't too big because we didn't need anything fancy.

Fred