[LRUG] [JOBS] Introduction to the group

Matthew Bradburn matthew.bradburn at njfeurope.com
Thu May 17 03:48:41 PDT 2012

Dear LRUG members,

Firstly, I would like to introduce myself. Yes, I am a Headhunter, but
one who means no harm, and takes an interest in your career. I visit
rug-b when I'm in Berlin, we sponsored Railsberry this year, went to
Heureka and we're currently trying to hook up the Railsgirls crew with
some money for a London event so we bring glad tidings. I would also
love to come to an LRUG event - but realize my breed is not the most
popular - so I look forward to introducing myself here.

In short, I want to get to know people in this community, I will happily
connect you to people for your benefit, and offer positions to you that
would potentially interest you.

We work with companies of all shapes and sizes, right across Europe and
I really want to gauge opinion on our jobs from the London group.

My priority right now, is a position at DaWanda.de (yes, I am happy to
include company names!)

Now DaWanda have created an ebay shops / Etsy mix of community based
e-commerce, with low prices and excellent reviews.

They have a very strong community, with over 10,000 sellers of vintage
and handmade goods.

I have just worked very hard to find them a product / development
leader, who is going to be running all projects from an over-arching
level, but they need more!

They are now seeking 3 Senior Ruby on Rails developers, with a love for
a TDD environment and a passion for Agile / daily SCRUM meetings -
honestly - they mean a passion!

Currently they are using a lot of other tech as well:

*Redis, Memcache, Varnish (at least 2 of 3 should be known)

*Rails 2 and 3 should both be known, if the candidate has completed a
successful migration from 2 to 3 then he/she is very interesting

*NGinX, Passenger, Thin, Mongrel2 (One or two should be known in depth)

*Testing with RSpec, Selenium, Capybera, TestUnit, Minitest (Rspec would
be prefered)

*Resque or Delayed Job

*NodeJS as a bonus

They basically want to scale their current platform drastically over the
coming years, whilst going through a sustained period os
internationalisation (opening a Paris office this year, with London
coming soon).

Further to this, they have a great atmosphere (run meetups in the
office, send you to conferences etc) - with founders who give a lot back
to the community - check out both Mark Rambow (CTO) and Michael Puetz
(Co-founder) who both have very strong backgrounds in the European
startup community.

Finally, you get to work in Berlin - where your pay is better, the city
is greener, the people speak English and you might even get some summer.

If this is something that would interest - then do get in touch on
matthew.bradburn at njfeurope.com, we can have a chat about what you want
and whether it could be interesting.

Kind regards,

Matthew Bradburn

Consultant

NJF Europe Ltd

NJF Europe Ltd is a company registered in England & Wales with Company
Number 7203486.  The registered office address is 4th Floor, 1 Bedford
Street, London, WC2E 9HG.  This e-mail contains proprietary information
some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended
recipient only.  If an address or transmission error has misdirected
this email, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.  If you
are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute,
copy, print, rely on or retain this e-mail.  If you receive this email
in error, please contact our postmaster on +44 (0)20 7604 4444 or e-mail
info at njfeurope.com.  NJF Europe is in the business of introducing
qualified candidates to potential employers.  Candidates and employers
must assure that trade secrets or confidential information belonging to
others are not used or disclosed during interviews, new employment
positions, or any other time.  They also must be responsible for
complying with any potentially valid covenants not to compete or other
legal restrictions.  They should refer all questions on these matters to
their own independent legal counsel.  All e-mails including CV's are
subject to our standard terms and conditions of business.  The
acceptance of any CV's constitutes the acceptance of our standard terms
and conditions of business unless there has been written prior
agreement.