[LRUG] Who are those super short-term contractors?

Richard Conroy richard.conroy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 05:58:10 PST 2012

It can work at the small scale - especially if the client has prepared a
lot (e.g. has a design in place, solid ideas about what they want) or there
are common patterns to what they are achieving - like a data backend for a
mobile app, getting their test or cuke coverage up or making a technology
transition (e.g. converting to LESS/CoffeeScript, erb -> haml) or spiking a
prototype..

You need to be a fairly heavy hitter as a contractor, and it usually means
the rates will be higher.

As agency work ... I don't see how it makes much sense at all, except as a
clear way of timeboxing the evaluation of a new contractor.

http://richardconroy.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/RichardConroy