[LRUG] Fwd: Recommendations for Ruby & Rails optimisation resources

Jonathon Horsman jonathon at arctickiwi.com
Mon Nov 26 05:14:23 PST 2012

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I've added the new relic gem and looked at the results, which seem a bit
light on details unless I'm missing something.

According to the results of the slow action, SQL is about 8% of the time
and the action itself is 89% (2799ms). Presumably this is mostly the view?

However there doesn't seem to be any way to drill into this and isolate
what is taking the time.

I should mention a table is being rendered with 363 rows is being rendered,
and the total page size is 338kb of HTML.

Are there other tools which can measure metrics?

Many thanks