[LRUG] Manchester Based Dev Who Visits London Often Looking For a New Project

Ian Moss hello at ianmoss.com
Wed Nov 28 15:55:25 PST 2012

Hi all,

I'm currently finishing up a ruby contract for a team of 3 that I put
together, to update a popular transport portal. It was produced in Ruby
with Sinatra, integrated an externally produced design, and propagated
information from a SOAP webservice, and had test coverage with RSpec
with some Capybara. The client was remote and there was daily comms via
email/phone/stories.

I love visiting London, and have good mates there, but my life is 2
hours away by train in Manchester. I love the vibe in Google Campus /
Central Working. I love startups. In Manchester I co-curate Startup
Digest. I think it's great that both cities now have a TechHub. I love
working in sprints where possible. I love working in pairs where
possible, though I'm pragmatic about my approach.

I narrowly missed the LRUG last time I was in London, as I was at Rob
Fitrovia's Startup evening. Shame as a mate was speaking.

I've a few years previous experience at a small software house doing
Ruby On Rails for startups, and other organisations. Produced an auction
site, a document management system, a business listings site and others.
I've a history of developing in other OO languages that stretches back
awhile - history: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/alteris

I'd love to be able to put together a team of 2+ to help a company in
London, where we can work remotely but visit for a day or 2 a month.
Maybe a startup that needs help with your MVP? Maybe a more mature
project? It is possible that I might be able to help before xmas still.
But maybe you're thinking the new year.

Sorry this is a bit sales pitchy. I hope it's appropriate. I feel like
there's great information on this list, and wanted to see if there was
any new contacts who may have work before reapproaching other London
contacts.

Many thanks for your time.

Ian.