[LRUG] Who are those super short-term contractors?

Priit Tamboom priit at gitlab.eu
Fri Nov 23 04:06:07 PST 2012

Thanks for a great conversation, I definitely learned some insights.

Some years ago I had a period where I also jumped into different Rails
project quite often and it's doable but it's getting very annoying rather
quickly to switch context too often even when codebase is ok. I also
learned rather quickly, there is a huge difference about jumping into
existing team with good codebase versus a client without proper developers
team. The first is doable and you probably learn news stuff on the way but
the second one almost 99% turns out there is way more work than 'there are
small things to fix etc'.

Therefore nowadays 'short term' in early negotiation is red flag in any
case, or perhaps I'm personally just getting older ;-)

Cheers,
Priit