[LRUG] Fwd: Recommendations for Ruby & Rails optimisation resources

Stephen Best bestie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 05:52:45 PST 2012

I think Diaspora were having a similar issue to you and wrote the following
post about how they solved it

http://devblog.joindiaspora.com/2012/01/10/client-side-re-write-oh-my/

TL;DR

"The easiest way to optimize the server’s rendering of templates is to not
have the server render the templates. We can do this by having by pushing
rendering logic client-side..."

Personally I'm a big fan of this approach and like to use as little of the
Rails view layer as possible. Among other things I think that can help your
design because you don't have to deal with form helpers that are coupled to
active record.

Bestie.