[LRUG] Who are those super short-term contractors?

Graham Ashton graham at effectif.com
Tue Nov 20 06:45:07 PST 2012

On 20 Nov 2012, at 13:39, Priit Tamboom <priit at gitlab.eu> wrote:

> Therefore I wonder who are those contractors who are willing to jump into a domain and hack there only for few weeks or even few days? It looks immensely wasteful for a developer to set up a new environment, learn all the project specific requirements, new work-flow tweaks, new people and new goals. Just for a few weeks, can't be productive!

I've done two short term jobs in the last few months. One was seven days to build an interactive JavaScript widget that consumed data served up by the client's API. They'd already identified a suitable JavaScript library to base it on before I turned up; I just needed to code it.

The other involved APIs, JavaScript, and an MVP built from scratch in a fortnight. It's good fun.

How productive you can be in that time has a lot to do with the context in which you're working.

--
Graham Ashton
Founder, The Agile Planner