[LRUG] Talk proposal: teaching programming to children

Pablo Brasero Moreno pablobm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:10:59 PST 2012

Hi there, Would somebody be interested in a talk about teaching programming
to children?

Around April this year, I volunteered (or rather my company, New Bamboo,
volunteered my time) to help out at a "Coding club" pilot. The idea was to
see how programming could be made into an after school activity for
children in the UK.

For some time, I have had an interest in teaching. This Coding Club allowed
me to actually dabble a bit in the field, and I learned a few things that
others may be interested in. If you have similar interests (maybe for your
own little ones?), or simply are interested on how programming may look to
complete newcomers, you may like this.

To make it even less Ruby-related, this actually was done in Python :P I
could actually convert it to Ruby, but I'm not sure whether it would
actually make sense (for reasons I can also explain).

--
Pablo Brasero
mailto:pablobm at gmail.com
http://pablobm.com