[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby on Rails + iOS Developer wanted for 6 month contract worth £20k

Nicholas Martin nic_i_like_to_ at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 02:35:52 PDT 2012

*Hi*,

**I am looking for a RoR developer who can work from home to help us
develop an exciting new application to complement our existing SaaS
platform - www.marketdojo.com . If you can help, or know someone who
can, I would like to hear from you. Job details below.

Thanks,
Nicholas.

**
*Market Dojo, an innovative and rapidly growing start-up in the
business-to-business sector, has a 6 month contract on offer for an
experienced, UK-based Ruby on Rails and iOS developer (or team) to work
with its existing development team with the opportunity for permanent
employment should both parties agree.
Market Dojo has created an online negotiation tool which helps companies
streamline their procurement activities.  Their web-based application
centralises quotation activities which might otherwise have been carried
out via email.   It also has the capability to run both reverse and
forward auctions, which achieve better negotiation results by
encouraging competition in a fair and transparent way.
Despite only recently completing their second year in business, Market
Dojo already has an international presence and has a number of global
customers.
This role would be suited to someone with the following skills:

  * 3+ years of Ruby on Rails,
  * Rails 3.1 and Ruby 1.9.2
  * iOS application development
  * My SQL
  * CSS and HTML
  * Content Management Systems (we use Comatose)
  * Linux
  * Git version control
  * Test-Driven Development

The attributes of the suitable person would be someone entrepreneurial,
a fast learner with a great ability to self-manage, as largely the work
will be based remotely with daily communication via Skype.  It would
also suit someone innovative with an eye for elegant design and
performance over core functionality.
If you are interested in this role, please provide a CV with examples,
web-links and references from previous jobs you have done to
recruitment at marketdojo.com <mailto:recruitment at marketdojo.com>, after
which there will be a phone interview and/or face-to-face meeting.
  Market Dojo are looking for an immediate start so please ensure you
can accommodate this.
For any questions, please call 0117 230 9993 .
Important:  Only developers working for UK-based companies will be
considered as this is a mandatory requirement for the project.*