[LRUG] November talk proposal

Paul Battley pbattley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 03:01:43 PDT 2012

On 11 October 2012 10:38, James Adam <james at lazyatom.com> wrote:
> Using bundler with binstubs and including the relative path '.bundle/bin' in
> your PATH has pretty much entirely removed the need to run bundle exec for
> me, Tom Ward and at least a few others. I highly recommend this:
> http://tomafro.net/2012/06/tip-bundler-with-binstubs

That's an excellent tip. Thanks.

(Of course, the wrinkle introduced by this is that I now need to
configure my search in project not to search in .bundle by default.
Yak giveth, and Yak taketh away.)

I can't help feeling that it reinforces my original point, though:
just running "rake" isn't trivial, and there are multiple opinions on
the best way to do it, all of which involve some level of environment
customisation - more than simply typing "rake<enter>".

Paul.