[LRUG] [OT] Pimping

Michael Pavling pavling at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 04:54:07 PDT 2012

Hiya,

A quick check to see if anyone is looking (or knows anyone looking)
for a contractor/freelancer.

I'm finishing my current placement this week, and though I'm getting
all the agents' calls, I'd rather be working direct than through
middle-man...

I've been working in the Ruby world for the last four years (and in a
few other worlds for a few years before that). Clients have ranged
from BAESystems to my most recent role at a 3-person start-up, so I'm
pretty happy in any environment - except ones where developers are
termed "rockstar", "ninja" or "guru" (I wouldn't say I'm one... and
haven't had fun working with people that think they are - though I
have had the most positive working experiences with people *I* think
are "ruby ninjas" :-)

My honest preference is for part-time freelance work or short-term
full-time roles - so if anyone literally needs "an extra pair of
hands" to work though any bug lists, or feature requests, please let
me know. I'm based down in southern Hampshire, but am pretty mobile.

Cheers,
Michael