[LRUG] Jumping ship to ruby

Chris Parsons chris.p at rsons.org
Sat Sep 1 10:14:24 PDT 2012

On 1 Sep 2012, at 17:43, dubflower <dubflower at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think the best advice is probably getting involved in OSS. If there's anyone working on something in need of help, feel free to get in touch. I'll be more than happy to take on anything, even working on test coverage.

Great idea. The projects closest to my heart in Ruby right now are Rstatus[1] (OStatus implementation in Ruby) and Raffle[2] (a ruby refactoring tool). Either would love some input I'm sure, and OSS is a great way to pick up skills and relationships within the community.

Chris

[1] https://github.com/hotsh/rstat.us
[2] https://github.com/mattwynne/raffle

--