[LRUG] Not for profit organizations using Ruby

Ronny Ager-Wick ronny at ager-wick.com
Sat Sep 1 18:57:13 PDT 2012

Just out of curiosity, why do you ask?
Please don't find this offensive (geeks wouldn't, but I don't know if you're a
geek or not), I mean well. It's just that I find it hard to see the need for
such information, and also, I think you'll have a hard time getting it, as I
doubt many of the non-profits using Ruby are part of LRUG, or even know
they're using Ruby.
If you're thinking of using Ruby for a project, but want to make sure other
non-profits are also using it, then first of all, why is this relevant?
If you, for example, are thinking of switching to NGK spark plugs in your car,
are you asking NGK forums whether other non-profits are also using NGK plugs?
It's about as relevant as whether other non-profits are using the programming
language you're thinking of using...

Anyway, you may have a very relevant reason for asking the question. If you
do, I suggest explaining it to us to make it easier to help. Hence the reason
for the original question - why do you ask?

Cheers,
Ronny.