[LRUG] TDD when removing functionality

Graham Ashton graham at effectif.com
Wed Sep 19 02:56:51 PDT 2012

I think a pragmatic approach is the way to go here. This is what I think I'd do based on the scenario you desvribe:

1. Delete the code.

2. Delete or modify failing tests (some might be valid tests,  but failing anyway).

3. Read remaining tests around the area affected to see if they still make sense and I'm happy with coverage.

If there's a lot to delete I'd go through this loop a few times rather than once,  to keep things manageable. I'd also try to make small commits, rather than one big one.