[LRUG] [JOBS] - Ruby Programmer Wanted FT/PT to join funded startup as lead tech/ CTO (urgent)

Tom Stuart tom at tomstuart.co.uk
Thu Apr 18 02:13:35 PDT 2013

On 18 April 2013 10:36, Najaf Ali <ali at happybearsoftware.com> wrote:

> how to make a face-melting hollandaise

As a regular maker of a rather fine hollandaise, I can advise that if
your hollandaise is hot enough to melt your face, then your yolks have
definitely curdled and the emulsion separated. To avoid this, you
should take care to keep the temperature below 82 degrees Celsius
while preparing the sauce. Many would say that you should use a bain
marie for this, but I prefer simply to melt the butter beforehand, and
drip it into the yolks while it is still warm.

I have a degree in Classics from Oxford.