[LRUG] Can't make it tonight :-(

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 09:19:09 PDT 2013

On 8 April 2013 16:37, Sam Joseph <tansaku at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Although it's a shame they use Vimeo and not YouTube.  Vimeo is nice,
> but doesn't support integrated speedup like x1.5, x2, which is so great
> when you have like no free time :-)
>
> Of course Vimeo does have better download support than YouTube, so I guess
> one can transfer them all over, but then I guess there's copyright issues

I'm not sure you were actually suggesting this, but please don't reupload
them to youtube!  Skills Matter lock those files to their domain only, so
I'm sure they'd be upset if they started appearing elsewhere.  If you need
to watch them double speed then do a local download (downloading is
disabled, but there are ways) and watch it on your preferred device in
secret.

There are links to most of the videos for the past couple of years if you
browse the events on lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/series/lrug/ and videos for
sessions pre-2011 are linked to on the lrug.org for the corresponding
meeting (http://lrug.org/meetings/) - if someone wanted to backfill that
would be super awesome :)

Muz