[LRUG] Can't make it tonight :-(

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 01:52:22 PDT 2013

On 8 April 2013 18:39, Tim Cowlishaw <tim at timcowlishaw.co.uk> wrote:

> On 8 April 2013 17:19, Murray Steele <murray.steele at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure you were actually suggesting this, but please don't reupload
> > them to youtube!  Skills Matter lock those files to their domain only, so
> > I'm sure they'd be upset if they started appearing elsewhere.
>

> Another question on the same subject - is there any way Skill Matter might
> be persuaded to feature the videos on their site in a slightly larger size
> (and correct aspect ratio)? it seems a shame for them to be squashed into
> the top right corner, a la
> http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/home/demestifying-druby

It's not hard to tweak the HTML on the page to make them go bigger (or just
use the fullscreen option when watching), but that's hardly the point, I
know.  They were advertising for a dev position last night and the ads
specifically talk about redeveloping their site.  I suspect they would be
open to comments about the layout and smallness of the videos.  I suspect
they'd be even more open to offers to help.

Muz