[LRUG] Finding out why server was unresponsive

David Salgado david at digitalronin.com
Tue Apr 16 03:03:33 PDT 2013

The only time I've had symptoms similar to that is when a box has
completely filled up its filesystem - nothing gets logged because there's
no disk space available into which the log entry can be written.

But, I assume your problem is something else, or you would have noticed the
filesystem being full when the box came back up - unless there were
temporary files that got deleted when it recovered, or something like that.

David