[LRUG] Setting up SSH for multiple people to deploy an app

Marc Wickenden marc at fuzz.io
Thu Apr 18 06:01:51 PDT 2013

On 18 Apr 2013, at 13:19, Richard Livsey <richard at livsey.org> wrote:

> Ah yes you're right, I misread section 6.11.4 [1] and it's only nobody if user switching to the owner of config.ru / environment.rb fails [2]

Or just set PassengerUser in the Apache config.

My 2p on the user deployment thing FWIW. If you require any kind of compliance you will likely find that multiple users sharing a deployment login causes you problems. Most compliance frameworks mandate individual logins. We can debate the real world security gain this gives you if you like but stuff like PCI DSS for example is quite explicit.

Marc