[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby contractor for early stage funded startup

Tom Locke tom at tomlocke.com
Fri Apr 5 06:03:58 PDT 2013

Hi All,

Let me introduce myself right off - don't want to come across as a recruiter or a pointy-haried boss...

I'm Tom Locke. I believe I was the first UK based Rails trainer for Skills Matter, back in the 1.0 days. I also did the Hobo project (rapid development extensions for Rails - see hobocentral.net). I'm not actively involved with Hobo any more but the project lives on, which is nice.

Anyway…

These days I am CTO for a startup building a decision engine / product discovery tool for online shopping. The company is based in Boston, and the product development team, currently yours truly, is in London. We are solidly funded. See dsidetechnologies.com (http://www.dsidetechnologies.com/) but we're kinda stealthy still, so not much there.

Anyone with good Ruby and JavaScript chops who's interested in doing some contracting with us, please get in touch! Good rates, possibility of a full-time position later if that's your thing.

Remote work is possible as long as you're a good communicator.

Please forward this to anyone off-list who you think might be interested.

Cheers, and see you on Monday if you're going to the meetup...

Tom.