[LRUG] [Jobs] Lead Developer - evvnt - London :: Seed Funding Raised

Paul Battley pbattley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 04:17:52 PDT 2013

On 1 August 2013 11:54, Richard Green <richard at evvnt.com> wrote:
> Did you know: 70% of the applicants who have applied to the role did not
> supply a direct dial on their email or resume.

That doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Perhaps they don't want to be
telephoned out of the blue at inconvenient times: it can be pretty
embarrassing if you're at work. All you need to do is to ask them for
a number when contacting them to arrange a suitable time, which seems
like the polite thing to do in any case!

Besides, judging applicants by their willingness to chat on the phone
seems like it would exclude a lot of good candidates. Programmers
aren't generally keen on voice calls, in my experience.

Paul.