[LRUG] [jobs] Senior Devs - contract/perm - Simply Business

Hiral Patel hiral.patel at simplybusiness.co.uk
Thu Aug 22 09:01:06 PDT 2013

Hi all,

We are looking for Senior Devs to join us on a contract or perm basis.

For those who don't know us: we provide business insurance to startups and SMEs.  But if you are expecting the musty and boring insurance stereotype, think again - our company culture is all about technology, innovation and putting the customer first. https://coderwall.com/team/simply-business

Project:
Help us put our legacy app out to pasture sooner.

About two years ago we put our Java monolith into feature freeze and started on a plan to make it redundant.  We believe that using a Lean Agile development approach, and applying what we learned by building the old system, we can be better, faster and deliver what our customers want.  So far it's working (it has won us an Agile Award) and now we need more people.

This is not a rewrite.  We're designing our new products by talking to customers and business owners to figure out what matters, not by cloning the old system in a new language.

How we roll:
We use Ruby 1.9/2.0  and Rails 3.2
We pair our programming, test drive our development and make extensive use of Github
We continuously deploy to AWS and VMWare boxes with Capistrano and Puppet
We store our data in MongoDB
We sit together with our product owners and other stakeholders

Location:
Finsbury Square, Moorgate (5 days a week onsite)

Contract:
£350-£400 a day
Start - ASAP (mid Sept at the latest)
Rolling Monthly (can expect to run for about 3 months)

Perm:
Salaries vary on experience

Call / email me for a chat if interested.

Note to recruiters - Hello. We have an internal model for our recruitment here and it works really well for us. We have not needed any agency help since we switched to this model in January. We are not anti-recruiter, but there really is no opportunity for you here - so please do not call / email us. Thanks.

Hiral

020 7920 8076
hiral.patel at simplybusiness.co.uk<mailto:hiral.patel at simplybusiness.co.uk>