[LRUG] [Jobs] Lead Developer - evvnt - London :: Seed Funding Raised

Jonathan j.fantham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 04:48:40 PDT 2013

While it's not unreasonable to miss out a phone number, it does put up a
slight barrier. So I guess that's what Richard is pointing out.

If you're looking for a job you want to remove as many barriers as
possible, because no matter how flooded the job market is with jobs (or no
matter how un-desperate you are), the best jobs that you actually want will
most likely have competing applicants.

And personally, (not saying this applies to everyone) I want jobs that have
a social aspect to them (not social media, just social interaction). Any
employer I'd like to work for would ideally have a reciprocal expectation
of that so they would expect me to be able to talk to people rather than
just communicate via email.

So in conclusion, judging people by their willingness to chat on the phone
might be quite important, if that's the type of programmer you're looking
for (maybe you need them to talk to clients?).