[LRUG] [Workflow] Getting a Pull Request from creation to merge

Bradley Wright brad at intranation.com
Mon Aug 19 05:48:49 PDT 2013

In the specific case you mentioned nothing is going to solve the weekend context switching problem.

The way we solve this issue (or attempt to) on my team is that we:

a) Put the pull request URL into a comment Pivotal Tracker so it's visible and recorded
b) We mention the pull request in standup, and have a specific wall area for cards that need to be merged
c) We set aside some time to look at pull requests during the day.

All this generally means we don't have to wait long to get things merged. Note that all 3 of those things are social fixes rather than technical - I'm not sure there's a good technical solution for this kind of thing.

Everyone is busy so there's always going to be some horse trading involved in getting things merged, it's just a matter of agreeing to share the pain.