[LRUG] [JOBS] Experienced Ruby/Rails dev at FutureGov

Mark Woods mwoods at online.ie
Mon Dec 16 06:30:48 PST 2013

Afternoon all,

The FutureGov team is expanding again, and we're looking for an experienced
Ruby/Rails developer, initially for 3 months to work on a specific project.

We're a small, growing, company with about 25 people, currently working
from offices on City Road (5 mins from Old St. tube). We've some pretty
enlightened founders who encourage flexible ways of working, and we do what
we think is useful and quality work for local government. You can learn
more about us at http://wearefuturegov.com

Our development team is quite small (5 people), and we don't always work
together in the office, so we need someone who has the experience and
ability to work independently. We also need someone who is comfortable
working closely with others, as we encourage pair programming where
practical, and developers work closely with other members of the team.

Although we follow agile principles and apply agile methodologies to manage
our projects, we spend a lot of time working with people who have no
experience working this way, so someone who is particularly well versed in
agile and can help guide people to work successfully with an agile team
would be fantastic.

The dev team is also responsible for managing a number of linux virtual
servers, so any sysadmin experience would be a big plus.

Finally, while we prefer people to work full time and be in the office at
least a few days a week, we also do our best to support people who can't
commit to a 5 day week, or need to work remotely some of the time.

If you're interested in having a chat about working with us, ping me an
email off-list.

Thanks for your time

Mark

P.S. - We are not interested in being approached by recruitment agencies
about this position. Please don't contact me about this if you work for a
recruitment agency.