[LRUG] Looking for an internship position in London

Paula paula.proxy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 08:20:41 PST 2013

Hi All,

    I'm self-taught and fairly beginner RoR programmer who is looking for
an internship/apprenticeship position in London.

   For many years I've been running my own aupair/work&travel company. But
about a year ago one of my friends introduced me to Ruby and Ruby on Rails
framework and when I've dived into the world of code and discovered my
passion for programming I decided to change my career path.

  Of course this kind of change was not exactly easy and that was, and
still is, an extremely interesting time full of hard work. I enjoyed as
well participating in many workshops and trainings as practicing my
programming skills individually. But I understand at this moment the only
way to make further progress would be by dealing with real development
problems in a supportive professional environment.

* My skills/knowledge/experience with:*

- understanding fundamentals of OOP, MVC, MySql and MongoDB
- upper-basic knowledge of Ruby and RoR; basics knowledge of Python (and
basics of DrRacket:))
- good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3, Bootstrap and Zurb Foundation
- using Haml and Sass
- intermediate experience with Git
- tools: Sublime Text2 and beginner with RubyMine
- OS - Ubuntu (still 12.04 :))

*My github account:*

<https://github.com/mybits>
(at the very beginning I started here: <https://github.com/paulaes> - but
there's not much to see)

I'm enthusiastic, hardworking, hungry for knowledge and passionate about
programming. I understand that programming is a social activity. I
definitely want to write a code that doesn't make other programmers want to
cry or laugh too much :). Although I like challenges, I'm also good with
tedious and painstaking jobs.

I'm available from January and can commit myself to an internship position
for 2-3 months. Afterwards I would like to start a regular job as a
developer in London.

Of course I'm available for skype/hangout interview and also it's not a
problem for me to come to London for couple days for interviews/meetings
with prospective employers.

I would be grateful for any advices you may have for me or any information
about such intern positions currently available.

Greetings from Krakow
Paula

PS Happy to post this just in time there's interesting discussion about
tutoring new programmers.