[LRUG] [JOBS] Remote Contractors for NYC Startup. £500/day

Tom Blomfield tomblomfield at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 05:39:12 PST 2013

Hi all,

I've recently spent some time working for Grouper (joingrouper.com) - a
3-on-3 dating/social-club based in New York, and we're looking for remote
contractors to help get our technology in order.

We've got a pretty vanilla stack - running Ruby 1.9, Rails 3.2 on Heroku.
We're using postgres, redis and a little bit of mongo & memcache for data
persistence.

Our website should be pretty straightforward, but explosive growth over the
last 18 months combined with an under-resourced tech stack has lead to too
many corners being cut.

We're looking for experienced developers (3+ years with Rails) who can
spend at least a couple of months working remotely (plus the occasional
expenses-paid trip to New York, if you're interested), or out of our office
in London.

The work will involve refactoring unwieldy, tightly-coupled ActiveRecord
models into beautiful Service Objects and Presenters. If you enjoyed this
Code Climate article<http://blog.codeclimate.com/blog/2012/10/17/7-ways-to-decompose-fat-activerecord-models/>,
you'll love the work.

There will also be some work simplifying and speeding up our spec coverage
(rspec + selenium) that will go hand-in-hand with this refactor.

We're happy to pay competitive day-rates (£500+ per day) depending on
experience.

Cheers

Tom
http://tomblomfield.com