[LRUG] Hiring a pair rather than an individual contractor

Marco Iannone marco.iannone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 08:27:47 PST 2013

Hey Tim,

Good thinking. Speaking as someone techie but who might hire this tag
team, it sounds like a very good idea.

Practicalities would involve: rate (higher or lower than the sum of
the two?), how junior the junior person is, whether the two people are
joined at the hip. A possible scenario is that the pairing happens,
say, 60-80% of the time, but some flexibility remains, and the junior
person can do something by him/her/itself.

In terms of dealing with a non-tech client, I am not entirely sure as
it doesn't apply to me, but I'd imagine that they'd be suspicious,
given that productivity is not that easy to measure/demonstrate, and
this setup sounds more complicated. I'd guess a techier clients is
more likely to get it.

(Hope all's well!)

Cheers,
Marco