[LRUG] [JOBS] Teach at Makers Academy (+ our graduation ceremony)

Evgeny Shadchnev evgeny.shadchnev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 11:05:10 PST 2013

Hello,

Makers Academy <http://www.makersacademy.com/> is an intensive, 12 week,
full-time course in web development.

I'm looking for* two teaching assistants* to help the teachers:
- 1-2 years of Ruby and RoR experience, including TDD
- Passion for clean, eloquent code
- Great interpersonal skills

We teach complete beginners how to code and place them into junior web
developmer jobs. Our grads have been hired as full-time developers by New
Bamboo, Funding Circle, BSkyB, Enternships, Global Personals, and other
companies. They built Seederboard <https://www.seederboard.com/> and
Bean&Ground <https://www.beanandground.co.uk/>.

Here's what our grads say:
- "One month after graduating I accepted a great offer from an awesome
London Tech Company<http://blog.makersacademy.com/from-west-end-theatre-to-coding-everyday/>
"
- "It is scary but do it sooner rather then
later!<http://blog.makersacademy.com/from-travel-agent-to-developer-at-bskyb/>
"
- "If you work hard and take the plunge and show dedication it will
work!<http://blog.makersacademy.com/from-sales-marketing-to-web-development/>
"

Our hiring partners say that they are "consistently blown away by the
calibre [we]’re
producing<http://blog.makersacademy.com/what-a-hiring-partner-think-about-makers-academy/>
".

We change people's lives for the better. We have more students applying to
MA than we can teach, so we need more teachers to help our team of eight.

You'll be either pairing with our students on our
curriculum<http://www.makersacademy.com/info/curriculum>,
helping them to become developers or writing code for our online learning
platform Atlas <http://blog.makersacademy.com/atlas-is-live/>. We pay a
market salary + stock options, don't track days off and welcome internal
transparency (email me if you want details). We're backed by top investors,
profitable and growing.

If you would like to see how far a beginner can get in only 12 weeks,
please come to the *graduation ceremony* of the September cohort tomorrow
at 1530 <http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/xmas-graduation-tickets-9280587487>.
The students will be presenting their final projects that they've built in
the last 2 weeks of the course. One of them involves controlling fireworks
using Raspberry Pi and websockets – the demo will be awesome :) The link
is: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/xmas-graduation-tickets-9280587487

Thank you, lrug :)

Evgeny
Co-founder, Makers Academy