[LRUG] Logging IRC to build a handy faceted search engine - this done yet?

Chris Adams mail at chrisadams.me.uk
Mon Feb 4 08:12:29 PST 2013

Hi chaps,

I've worked in a few places that for various reasons don't or can't use
campfire, or hipchat, but instead just rely IRC for providing persistent
chat.

This is fine, and cheap, but one thing I miss is a way to build decent
searchable archives (this is a wonderful feature of hipchat and campfire)

This seems like something that *must* have been built by now by someone and
open sourced.

Anyone on list come across something like this, that would be sufficiently
simple to deploy?

Ta,

Chris

--