[LRUG] Rails and Front End developer seeking a job

Tommy Palmer hi at tommyp.org
Mon Feb 11 06:50:45 PST 2013

Hi LRUG,

I'm a web developer in Belfast and I'm looking at moving to London, ideally this means getting a job first and I was told I to see if anyone at LRUG knew of anything. My skills lie in Front End and Rails development, but I studied design, so I have a strong background in web design and UX. I am looking to extend my skills in areas such as Rails, Ruby and Javascript, but I consider myself an all rounder when it comes to front end development and design.

I'd mostly describe myself as Junior to Middleweight having worked for a year and a half professionally, but because I studied design for 4 years in University, my skills in HTML + CSS are very high.

Ideally, I want to move away from client work to be working on a product or in a start up, but if the environment is right I'd certainly consider a position.

Send me an email if any of you think you might have a place for me, or know of anyone hiring.

Tommy

--
http://tommyp.org
@tommypalm