[LRUG] Best way to generate a PDF

Richard Livsey richard at livsey.org
Tue Feb 12 07:18:45 PST 2013

I've had good results with using Flying Saucer - https://code.google.com/p/flying-saucer

It's Java, but easy to use with JRuby or just make a standalone executable and call out to that to generate PDFs from HTML & CSS.
I found it much better than wkhtmltopdf for the kind of PDFs I was generating, but probably worth giving PDFKit a try first to see if that suits your needs.

Cheers.

--
Richard Livsey
Co-Founder, MinuteBase