[LRUG] [JOBS] Rails Developer at The Amazings

Paul Robinson paul at 32moves.com
Tue Feb 12 08:15:38 PST 2013

On 12 Feb 2013, at 15:45, Mike Kelly <mikekelly321 at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, looks like it's written tongue-in-cheek.

You should be aware some will read that as you saying "Sexism is OK if it's meant to be funny", which I suspect isn't your intent.

And the writer of the original job should be aware that some will consider the advert offensive, which I suspect isn't their intent either.

But people are going to do what they do, regardless of what you think they should do.

So, with that in mind and given the controversies in the tech industry - and specifically the Ruby scene - over the last couple of years, I think that's a whole area of humour just best left alone.

There are other jokes to make that are less controversial... How many Rails devs does it take to change a lightbulb? Well, the bulb probably went after an injection attack, so there'll be a patch along in a minute...