[LRUG] Better idiom for this?

Oto Brglez otobrglez at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 04:05:22 PST 2013

Hi!

I would recommend creating scope with a little lambda... Like so:

scope :exclude, ->(who=nil) {
  User.where(["id NOT IN (?)", who.is_a?(Array) ? who.compact : who]) if who.present?
}

And you can use it like:

User.exclude
User.exclude 10
User.exclude [10,12]
User.exclude [nil,10,nil]
User.exclude User.first

Or even:

User.where(first_name: "Oto").exclude(9)

--
Oto Brglez

W: http://opalab.com
M: 0038631593799