[LRUG] Logging IRC to build a handy faceted search engine - this done yet?

Chris Adams mail at chrisadams.me.uk
Mon Feb 4 08:19:23 PST 2013

Hi Oto!

Logging is simple enough - what's more relevant is providing a sensible way
to search it, and provide some well thought out facets to make it easier to
see shared links, and and such like.

There's some explanatory copy and diagrams here:

http://campfirenow.com/#/
http://campfirenow.com/images/zoom_history.gif

On 4 February 2013 16:15, Oto Brglez <otobrglez at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi!
>
> This is IRC bot that connects to your IRC channel and records
> "everything"...
> http://code.google.com/p/pyirclogs/
>
> Are you looking for something like that?
>
> --
> Oto Brglez
>
> W: http://opalab.com
> M: 0038631593799
>
> On Monday, February 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
>
> Hi chaps,
>
> I've worked in a few places that for various reasons don't or can't use
> campfire, or hipchat, but instead just rely IRC for providing persistent
> chat.
>
> This is fine, and cheap, but one thing I miss is a way to build decent
> searchable archives (this is a wonderful feature of hipchat and campfire)
>
> This seems like something that *must* have been built by now by someone
> and open sourced.
>
> Anyone on list come across something like this, that would be sufficiently
> simple to deploy?
>
> Ta,
>
> Chris
>

> --