[LRUG] lrug at qcon?

James Stewart jystewart at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 13:02:42 PST 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM, JB Steadman <jb at pivotallabs.com> wrote:

> I will soon be giving a talk in Japan about Ruby community in London (
>> http://regional.rubykaigi.org/oedo03/schedule), so keen to gather
>> information of adaption of Ruby in both enterprise, startup, and even
>> in government (If someone can talk about Ruby use in Government Digital
>> Service, that would be interesting,too).
>>

> A GDS emphasis might be a good hook to draw attendance. "See how the
> world's most effective government digital agency is using Ruby to transform
> service delivery in the UK".

A few GDS folks are speaking at QCon (I was going to be, but have had to
pull out as it clashed with another event).

http://qconlondon.com/london-2013/presentation/Building%20APIs%20by%20building%20on%20APIs
http://qconlondon.com/london-2013/presentation/Green%20shoots%20in%20the%20brownest%20field:%20Being%20a%20startup%20in%20Government
http://qconlondon.com/london-2013/presentation/Clouds%20in%20Government%20-%20Perils%20of%20Portability

David or Gareth might be up for getting involved in some ruby-flavoured
stuff around the conference.

James.