[LRUG] What will the post-Rails contraction be ?

Sam Livingston-Gray geeksam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 09:42:52 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM, Anthony Gardner <notantspants at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've never understood why people talk about Rails as if it's a language.
> He's gone from talking about languages to a framework.

How many years of the "Structured Programming" language do you have on
your CV?  :P

Seriously, though, I noticed that, but wasn't too bothered by it.
There's also an argument to be made that, for those who came to Rails
from other languages (or, in a surprising number of cases, from
outside programming altogether), it *is* a language.  And let's not
even start on Rails' overriding of existing terminology, like "unit"
tests...

-Sam