[LRUG] [JOBS] Rails Developer at The Amazings

Aanand Prasad aanand.prasad at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 10:09:16 PST 2013

> > > No, looks like it's written tongue-in-cheek.
> > >

> > You should be aware some will read that as you saying "Sexism is OK if it's meant to be funny", which I suspect isn't your intent.
> >

> You're right in suspecting that. It would be irrational to read that from what I wrote.

I fear that's wishful thinking. Given that many people *do* believe sexism is OK if it's meant to be funny, there's a nonzero chance that a random person saying what you said holds that belief, so it's not an entirely irrational inference to make.

If you leave that ambiguity open, not only are you inviting people who don't hold that belief to form a negative opinion about you, but you're also inviting people who *do* hold it (who, let's be clear here, are wrong) to conclude that you agree with them, which is bad for everyone.

Don't give them that opening. Be careful out there!