[LRUG] lrug at qcon?

Gareth Rushgrove gareth at morethanseven.net
Sat Feb 16 04:17:35 PST 2013

On 15 February 2013 21:02, James Stewart <jystewart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM, JB Steadman <jb at pivotallabs.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I will soon be giving a talk in Japan about Ruby community in London
>>> (http://regional.rubykaigi.org/oedo03/schedule), so keen to gather
>>> information of adaption of Ruby in both enterprise, startup, and even in
>>> government (If someone can talk about Ruby use in Government Digital
>>> Service, that would be interesting,too).
>>

>> A GDS emphasis might be a good hook to draw attendance. "See how the
>> world's most effective government digital agency is using Ruby to transform
>> service delivery in the UK".
>

> A few GDS folks are speaking at QCon (I was going to be, but have had to
> pull out as it clashed with another event).
>
> http://qconlondon.com/london-2013/presentation/Building%20APIs%20by%20building%20on%20APIs
> http://qconlondon.com/london-2013/presentation/Green%20shoots%20in%20the%20brownest%20field:%20Being%20a%20startup%20in%20Government
> http://qconlondon.com/london-2013/presentation/Clouds%20in%20Government%20-%20Perils%20of%20Portability
>
> David or Gareth might be up for getting involved in some ruby-flavoured
> stuff around the conference.

Yeah, I'd probably be interested in coming along to something like
this during QCon, and if a panel makes sense happy to be involved.

If anyone else is at the conference and just wants to know more about
GDS I'm happy to chat too. I'll be in the Building for Clouds room
most of Wednesday but hopefully around the rest of the conference too.
Just summon me with @garethr on twitter.

Gareth