[LRUG] Web devs // Ruby contractor

Olly Headey olly at freeagent.com
Wed Feb 27 02:11:09 PST 2013

Hi LRUG

FreeAgent are looking for experienced web app engineers to come and work
full time with us. We have *a lot* of technical challenges for you to get
your teeth into, such as scaling large elasticsearch clusters, making sense
of 'big data' (I've got all the buzz words) in Hadoop, migrating to an SOA,
ensuring our services (including our real-time Ruby-based accounting engine
- NB: no prior accounting knowledge needed!) can scale from our current
load of 50+ requests/second to 500 and beyond. You know, every day stuff :-)

We pay handsomely and you don't need to relocate to Edinburgh, where we're
based – we're really good at the remote thing with 5 fully remote engineers
right now, including one chap in London – but you would of course be more
than welcome to relocate to our fine city, and we'd cover all expenses if
you chose to.

We primarily use Ruby/Rails but we employed a fair few Pythonistas and
Javanians (?!) over the years. Ping me an email if you want to chat, I'm
quite friendly.

///

I'm also on the look out for an experienced Ruby contractor for a 4-8 weeks
(guessitmate) of work on a side project. Just drop me a line if you fancy
talking about this.

Cheers
Olly

--