[LRUG] To be paid or not to be paid, that is the question (sort of)

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Mon Jan 7 07:55:22 PST 2013

On 7 January 2013 15:02, Steve Buckley <sbuckley at globalpersonals.co.uk>wrote:

> I think legally, if Company A are in liquidation the Company B (or any
> other company for that matter) have zero legal liability for their debt,
> regardless of whether they we're aware of Company A's staff activity or
> otherwise. If you pursue it, they will undoubtedly defend themselves and
> aside from burning bridges, you'll be entering a legal battle that appears
> to have little chance of success.

This is probably the right answer, alas.  If you want to get arsey in any
way with B - e.g. by closing A's account and lettting them create a new one
- you should also consider whether it is large enough that the people there
who use your service are a separate group from the people who pay your
invoices.  In a reasonably sized organisation, Credit Control will employ -
and respect - hardnosed attitudes that would make the average programmer
(for example) blush, but if it's a three man startup and the same guy is
doing both, that's probably not such a good idea.

 -dan

dan at telent.net
http://ww.telent.net