[LRUG] Quiz results in full

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 13:48:20 PST 2013

Hi all,

Thanks for coming last night, I hope you all had megalolz and that the
winners (and losers) enjoy their prizes.

I've totted up the results from the somewhat scribbled and frantic notes I
made on the night (with expert help from JB Steadman) and here they are:

  *Team Name*

*Total*

End End End End

23.5

# Fail

23

team.name rescue nil

22.25

The Method_Missings

21.3333

Agatha Quiz Team's: Poirot

21

Gluten Free

21

Shatner's Bassoon

21

Single Quote Semi Colon Drop Tables Scores Semi Colon Hyphen Hyphen

20.5

Multi-Nationals

20.5

Minimum Viable Team

20.5

418 I’m a Teapot

20

You Wouldn’t Murray Steele a Car, You Wouldn’t Murray Steele a Quiz

20

Oh,God!

19.5

Nil?Point

19.5

Yammererers

19

Über Geeks

18.5

Deez Nutz

18.5

Hashtag Dot Biz Dot Info @ Techhub . Com

15.5

Devil Bees

15.5

The Nude Baboons

15.5

Quizaar

15

Ruby Monk

14.75

Rubadubdub

14.25

Undefined

11.75

(I do hope this order is the order I announced last night!)

If you'd like your quiz papers to verify the results you can find them in
my recycling bin, until Monday, at which point they'll be removed to secure
archival storage in the council recycling center.

I promised a bonus point to the team with the best team name, but in my mad
rush to get the scores calculated I completely forgot.  The name I'd
choose, despite strong showing from "You wouldn't Murray Steele..." is:
"Agatha Quiz Team's Poirot".  You'll notice that had I done this on the
night it would have placed them 4th above "The method_missings" and they
would have got a prize.  I know it's no free book or railscast
subscription, but if the members let themselves be known to me I promise to
buy all four of them a drink at the next LRUG.  I'm really very sorry.

There was also a bonus point available if you got all the Ruby Tuesday
questions correct.  I've checked, and it turns out that none of you did, so
it didn't have any bearing on the results (so I don't have to buy another
team a drink - phew!).

Cheers,

Murray