[LRUG] Accountant recommendation

Makoto Inoue inouemak at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:05:12 PST 2013

Hello.

It's not quite a Ruby related question, but wondering if any of you have
recommendation for accountants.

I currently have a day job, but had some extra income through book sales(Do
you remember the dRuby talk back in March? http://lrug.org/meetings/2012/03/).

As Jan 31st is approaching, I am wondering if I should do online assessment
and pay normal income tax, or should setup a business entity and pay
corporate tax instead (probably that depends on how much extra income I
gained and also whether I will be keep getting income for multiple years,
but wondering how much is the border line).

I asked the same question to few of my friends, but they all say "I don't
recommend my accountants", so wanted to consult LRUG.

Thanks.

Makoto