[LRUG] Where would you look for a job or next hire?

Chris Parsons chris.p at rsons.org
Mon Jul 15 12:20:20 PDT 2013

On 15 Jul 2013, at 18:53, Anthony Green <anthony.charles.green at gmail.com> wrote:

> Najaf Ali wrote:
>
>> I recommend /Maverick!: The Success Story Behind the World's Most
>> Unusual Workplace
>> <http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maverick-Success-Behind-Unusual-Workplace/dp/0712678867>.
>
> +1
>
> Chris Parsons (Ruby Business Meetup, BDD Kickstarter, Eden, GDS etc etc) I believe is the person responsible for putting me onto this book.
> I subsequently bought 10 copies and gave them away to anyone I thought could take inspiration from it.

I love that book. I'd recommend the followup too (Seven Day Weekend) - slightly less insightful and groundbreaking than the original, but still good stuff.

At a slightly smaller scale, I did a talk recently about leading teams well if that's of interest (http://vimeo.com/66884238)

Chris

--
Chris Parsons